Libraries are open from 9 am to 9 pm today
You are here
Chromebooks are fast, secure computers that use Android apps rather than traditional software. They are ideal for internet browsing and working with cloud-based applications.
Available at: All library locations
Apps and Features
- G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos, Maps, News)
- Google Chrome
- Numerics Calculator
The Chromebook offers two USB ports, an HDMI port, SD card reader, and a headphone jack.
Using a Chromebook in the Library
- You must have a library card in good standing to borrow a Chromebook. Unconfirmed address cards and digital library cards are not eligible.
- Adults 18 years and older must show ID with their library card to borrow a Chromebook.
- Request a Chromebook at the Information Desk. You may borrow 1 Chromebook per card at a time.
- Chromebooks can be used in the library for up to 4 hours. You cannot renew a Chromebook checkout.
- Chromebooks cannot be placed on hold.
- A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Chromebook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page